September 29, 2016 Joint meeting with Daylilly: Gentleman Forager @ William O'Brien State ParkGentleman Forager embraces the outdoors. From wild foraged mushrooms and plants, to organically cultivated exotic mushrooms and organically cultivated micro greens, we provide sustainable and healthy food products to restaurants and innovative chefs.
“Wild and Local” and “Farm to Table” are the fastest and most impactful food and trends today. LOHAS – Life of Health and Sustainability – is used to promote a wide array of products, with one of the most individually meaningful being healthy eating. Gentleman Forager is on the forefront of this movement.
Behind Gentleman Forager is Mike Kempenich. With more than 40 years of foraging experience, Mike’s background includes:
- Excellence in commercial cloning and cultivation of wild mushrooms
- Past instructor for the University of Minnesota and current instructor for the University of Wisconsin Extension’s Wild Mushroom Certification classes – necessary for all commercial foragers to sell mushrooms to restaurants
- Contributing content writer and photographer for The Minnesota Harvester Handbook, published by the University of Minnesota Press
- Member of the Wild Mushroom Advisory Committee – Minnesota Departments of Agriculture and Health
- Member of the Minnesota and North American Mycological Societies